Join The ADL Race & Après Team
Ever thought about racing or just need a good excuse to go skiing and party with friends every Thursday night this winter? We are excited to open spots on our City League Team to everyone – price includes a 2020/21 club membership. You can get on the roster and race for us or just come up and free ski with the other team members and party with us after the races in the upper lot at Alpental where we will be providing beer, food & loads of Après fun!
Become a member of the famous ADL Ski Team’s Thursday City League Race & Après Team
For All ADL Racers & Free Skiers (All abilities welcome!)
Join us for what you will start to call the best night of your week:
– Opportunity to race on any of the Thursday nights over the 7 week season. (All levels welcome even beginners – we are here to help get you into racing)
– Don’t want to race no problem – come up and free ski, root on our team and party after the race in the upper lot with the rest of the gang.
– Team members who aren’t racing will be up for free skiing and just plain having fun.
– After Party at the upper lot will include fire-pits, Free beer from Lagunitas, The famous ADL Pork & Beans, Melted Suisse Raclette on Bread, Grilled Sausages and other fun surprises.
– Nageln – Hammer and Nails game weather permitting
– End of party fire show 🙂
Each team member will receive:
1. ADL Ski Club Membership for 2020/21 Season
2. Access to Outdoorly.com pro deals and other ADL Exclusive pro-deals.
3. ADL Ski Team Patch
4. Limited Edition ADL Team City League T-shirt
5. Opportunity to race for the team (6 racers needed each Thursday night – we will send out an email on Monday to request who wants to race each week – the first 6 will be added – and every attempt to get everyone at least one night will be made by the team captain.)
6. A great excuse to get out of the house every thursday night for 7 weeks (Honey I’m on the team I have to go!)
TOTAL COST TO JOIN The Team:
Guaranteed Starting spot every week (Limit 3) $100.00
Optional Race Spots, Guaranteed Free Ski and Après Party Spot (unlimited) $50.00
What is City League?
City League is legalized drag racing fun in the snow!
Your team competes in a seven-week series, including a qualifying night, running early January through early to mid-March. Teams are made up of mixed ability racers and can have 6-12, or more racers (minimum age of 16). You turn in weekly line-ups of six people on your team, and they race two runs per night – paired with opponents from other teams of equal speed/ability.
Side by side format
Courses are wide open GS Style and negotiable for intermediate skiers and snowboarders with no race experience. Six members on each team race each week and are “pre-paired” with opponents on other teams of equal speed and ability. Racers ski two runs each. Once on each dual course.
The second week is when it all starts getting really fun. After each captain emails in their line-up (six racers that will be competing that night), we input them into our program and produce a paired start list. Start lists must be received by 10:00 a.m. on the day of racing. Racers can check the start list on our website or at the race start before competition begins. We race from 7:30pm sharp to about 9:30pm each night. We reverse the order of running every other week (so the slower skiers get “rutless” courses too!); we call those Caboose Nights.
Each of six racers on each team gets two runs per night —one on each course. Racers earn points by beating their opponent on each run…two points per victory. So, if all six racers win all their heats, a team can earn twenty-four “Dual H2H Points”. Then we take the five fastest combined race times (both runs added together), from each team, and total them. The fastest team gets ten points, the second fastest gets nine…and so on. That’s how we get “Team Points”. Dual and Team Points are added and are cumulative. Teams earning high points at the end of the season win various prizes.
Race & Party Location
The races and our party take place at the Alpental ski area 45 minutes from downtown Seattle. The course is to the far skier’s left – along side the little St. Bernard Chair. Thursday Night 7:30pm-9:30pm — Our famous ADL After Party takes place in the uppermost parking lot. You will see the ADL Tent and flag and some kind of bonfire at the end of the lot near the hill.